Monday, September 13, 2010

Lake Mario Cuomo

(view from our apartment in the Albergo Lenno)

Oh I know the real name--Lago di (Perry) Como--but for some reason I keep calling it Lake Cuomo. The travelling whirlwind is starting to get to me. But how nice now to relax in the peace and quiet of Lake Como--beautiful weather, no crowds, no souvenir stands, no city smells...it's very low key, but gorgeous (am I sounding like a broken record yet?).

We got a chance to watch 2 sets of the Men's US Open final (you go, Rafa), and Philip was able to nurse his swimmer's ear, which he contracted in Portovenere but is not going away. I finished the Steig Larsson books.

Of interest here--a villa used in a James Bond movie, Mussolini's last stand, lots of churches and bell towers, vestiges of Roman occupation, and the birthplace of Pliny (the elder and younger).

No comments:

Post a Comment