Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Conversation with Clare



Clare, what did you think of Nice?

It's beautiful; the color of the ocean is very pretty and, while the rocks aren't comfortable, they're still cool.

How are you coping as a vegetarian on this trip?

Fine; some places are better than others. Like the Nice hotel only had two vegetarian options on the menu.

What's been the worst city for a vegetarian?

I'm tempted to say Tewkesbury (in the Cotswolds of England). Because when I told the waiter I was a vegetarian, he made a crossing sign with his fingers and said, "ugh."

What's been the most fascinating thing so far (now that we're halfway through)? I have to say Stonehenge.

What about in France? I really like Rodin's sculptures, because he made so many in so little time and they are carved out of stone, and they are some of the most beautiful works of art I've ever seen.

What was your favorite work of art in the Louvre? Winged Victory because it was made so long ago and it's so big and the cloth she's wearing is so detailed--the movement is so amazing.

What books have you read on the trip? Anne of Green Gables, Outliers: The Story of Success, and I'm currently reading Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You.

How do you plan to compensate for missing school during the rest of the trip?

Reading my book, drawing, and writing reports on what I have seen every day. Also learning Italian and playing Hangman on the iphone.

Would you like to give a big hello to anyone? Finnegan and all my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment